Wednesday 29 May 2013

MODELS OWN nail polish


Last December at the clothes show, I came across a massive Models Own stand, I had heard of the brand before but not really bothered looking at any of the products.  They had an amazing offer, in which you got two nail polishes of your choice, a lip liner, pencil eyeliner, liquid eyeliner two loose eyeshadows, a lip balm, a lip gloss, nail scissors, a nail buffer and file thing, oh and a magazine!  And it all cost £10 (you usually pay £6 for 1 polish!).  After actually doing the maths of this deal I thought the products were going to be crap and awful quality but I was proved wrong!  I love almost everything!  



Often these deals are just away of the companies getting rid of left over stock and making some money, therefore you are left with all of the colours that no-one wants!  This is why I never go to the Barry M stall because you are overloaded with colours you will never wear and just end up using as emergency Crimbo presents.



In terms of nail polish, I bought 'In the navy' which you have probably guessed is a navy blue.  I have wanted this colour for so long because it is easy to wear with anything and I have been lacking on autumn and winter colours.  The quality is good, the colour is true to how it looks in the bottle and it is strong after a few coats, it is also fairly long lasting.  



I also bought a MODELS OWN PRO varnish in 'lavender blue', honestly this was just my other colour but I have worn this so much!  The light colour makes it wearable without making too much of a statement and the formula is amazing!  It is a 3-free formula which means that it doesn't contain Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) or Formaldehyde which are toxic ingredients in most nail polishes (read more about this here).  The polish also contains Vitamin E, which is great for your cuticles, and UV filters.  It has great pigmentation too, you could get away with only wearing one coat, however it is limited edition so grab it quick (if any is left!).



Enjoyyyyy!!



Em x



PS. I have become aware that my reviews are becoming a bit muddled with ideas and opinions so I am going to try out a new layout for beauty reviews in future so that it is clearer to see what I think of a product, do you think this is a good idea?  Please comment to let me know, I would love to hear your opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!