Sunday 16 June 2013

Gifts.


Hello, how is your day so far?




Recently I have had to buy a few presents for friends birthdays, Fathers day and some teachers that I will miss next year.  So as I was thinking about present ideas, I realized that presents have gotten so predictable and boring.  Many teenage girls just buy gift vouchers, lip gloss and sweets for presents.  Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate these gifts but I think that it is an easy option and if you really wanted something you could get it yourself, it doesn't show that thought has gone into buying a present that no-one else will have gotten you.



 When I buy gifts I like to think of the relationship I have with this person and what they have taken an interest in.  Think of hobbies, if they like music you could buy them a book about music or maybe an accessory for an instrument.  If you have to buy a gift for someone who loves travelling you could buy them a 'scratch map' so they can record the places they have been (I love this idea!).  You can also pick up on items that they have taken an interest in, maybe they noticed a book you were reading or they liked your jewelry stand, then you can get ideas and find something that they like and that no-one else will have thought of.  

I also think it is fun to find something original or quirky this will make a unique gift, one place I love is urban outfitters because they have a great gift section with loads of ideas.  However, these can be a bit pricey so I always check for the same item on amazon because they are often cheaper on amazon.


If you are buying a gift for someone you don't really know, it is hard but try to pick up on the things that you do know about them and if all else fails, go ahead and buy a gift voucher.  In this situation I do think that they are acceptable.



So, what made me think like this?  

A couple of months back I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower (you can read my review HERE) and in the book it describes different gift that are given for Christmas, which include suits, books and poems, not really items we receive today.  It encouraged me to put more effort into gifts so that they are memorable and thoughtful.  The other good thing about this is that it doesn't have to cost as much, people are less likely to know the price of gifts (which is another problem I have with gift cards, everyone knows how much you have spent on them) which is better for your wallet!


As you can see in the photo, I love nicely wrapped gifts too!  Put some time into wrapping a bit of ribbon around a gift and it will look so much better and makes it a better gift.  



I hope that helped those of you who are struggling for ideas, 



Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!