Friday 21 June 2013

Haul!?!


So I was introduced to the world of blogging through YouTube.  I would sit for hours watching YouTube and of course, as I love make-up and all things beauty, I came across 'hauls'.  Now, as the worlds of YouTube and blogging regularly collide, I have decided to do a sort of haul BUT (wait for it!) ON MY BLOG!  I haven't seen this done before so I thought I would do one seeing as I literally have nothing else to blog about and I seem to have received a few items recently!

First off, beauty.  





A while back I heard about a new type of brush to apply foundation, and as I don't really like foundation brushes I decided to try this one.  This is the Real Techniques expert face brush (pictured below) and I bought mine from Amazon but I think you can also get them from Boots, it cost £9.99 which isn't too bad and it is supposed to work well, I am excited to try it.






But I then had a problem, I didn't actually own a foundation that matched my skin colour at all.  The last time  I bought foundation was two years ago and I obviously thought I was much more tanned than I am now.
So after a lot of research I opted for the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' foundation.  The coverage seemed natural and not too cakey with some shimmer.  If you want to buy it Superdrug currently has a £3 off offer on this foundation.



In preperation for my prom (next week!) I decided to curl my hair however, shockingly I don't own any curlers and curling my hair with my straighteners really didn't work so I asked my hairdresser which ones were good to buy and she said that she had an unused one at home that she could sell to me for £10!  So here it is . . . This is the Wells 'Pro Curl' curlers in the largest size, my expectations weren't too high but they actually look good!




I also bought some books . . . Of course!

As summer is coming up I thought I needed something else to read, so I ordered Happy Ever After by Adele Geras after watching Carrie Hope Fletcher's video naming her top 10 books.  I also bought The Book Thief which has been recommended to me by so many people, however I am a little bit scared to read it because it is supposed to be really sad however after taking a recent history exam from the same time period I am interested. 

I also bought some books as gifts however I won't mention them in case my friends read this!



Ok, that's it for now.  
Em x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!