Sunday 21 July 2013

Book Corner - Life of Pi Review

As promised, I have gotten round to reviewing this book!
I have been reading it throughout exam season so it has taken much longer than I would have liked to get into it.


Life of Pi is a story about a 16 year old boy surviving on a life boat with a zebra, hyena,orangutan and a Bengal Tiger.  The idea is so obscure that you are unable to compare it to any other book!  It is beautifully written and has the most original ideas I have ever read.  I have to say though, in parts there was a bit of gore which sent shivers down my spine!

I love how this book can be interpreted in many ways, it has such striking imagery which really lets you imagine and, from my experience, everyone looks at this story differently.

At first I was very slow at reading it because I was so busy and the first section of the book bored me a bit, however, I hate not finishing a book so I slowly dragged through it.  When that section was over I thought it picked up a bit and I was more interested, however this might not be the case for everyone because my Dad said that he really enjoyed the first section. 


Overall, I am really happy that I have read it because it is a more challenging book and I think that one day it could be the book that people study in English or something.  It is defiantly the most thought provoking book I have read, not to mention bizarre!  Not one of my favorites  however I am really glad that I did read it because I expect one day it will become a classic!

I was keen to read the book before I saw the film, so I have that to see yet and I am really looking forward to seeing how they create some of the scene's.
Defiantly a must-read!


Hope you enjoyed!



Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!