Friday 16 August 2013

A week in the Gower

Ever since I can remember, my family have been visiting the Gower in Wales.  I have become so familiar with the area that it no longer seems like a holiday, more like a place to escape from the everyday rush of life.
Last week I took a trip down there with my family to our favorite holiday home in a small town call Llangennith, the house has (what I think) the most beautiful view in the whole of the Gower, from the living room you are able to look over the estuary and see the sunset every evening!
I think it is important to find a place where you can just get away from everything and relax and de-stress.
Surprisingly, the weather isn't bad in the summer.  The Gower is the furthest place in Wales from the mountains so a lot less rain gathers there, of course you do get the odd day of drizzle though.  However, when the weather is good it becomes such a beautiful place and there is so much to see!

Some places I advise you visit:
Worms Head - Take a trip across to the Island, you won't regret it!
Verdi's in Swansea - An ice cream and sandwich shop on the end of the pier (the ice creams are AMAZING!)
Broughton bay - A hidden beach, worth a visit if you can find it!
Bluepool - A natural plunge pool on a small beach, it's a little walk but well worth the hunt!

I highly suggest you take a little trip down there, for everyone here in the UK, it's not too far away and it is still gorgeous! 

Have you ever been?  Where do you escape to?

Em x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!