Monday 30 December 2013

2013 Review

Well, by this time you have probably read a fair few of these but if you have the patience to read mine it would really be appreciated.

This year really has had it's ups and downs but in the end i'm so happy.  Many people like to turn over a new leaf for the new year, but in fact I want everything to stay as it is because to be honest, I think I'm doing ok.


So, lets recap.  Arrgghhh, so many things have happened.  
Lets start with my blog.  Well, I started it on April 28, 2013 with a rather awkward post and from then I think I have developed a lot.  It looks nothing like it did, I now take far better photos and really think my style of writing has improved, along with that comes my improved knowledge of beauty and makeup and an ever expanding collection of higher quality products.  I have managed to get to grips with photo editing and actually taking better photos which I now love doing!  I am also learning a lot from other blogs, not to mention Lily Pebbles, Vivianna Does Makeup, Zoella and Llymlrs who all write amazing beauty blogs.


I have also managed (just about) to survive my first year with my (not so small) kitten/cat.  He has grown from a tiny kitten that hides around the back of the sofa into a wimpy attempt of being a tiger.  Although I have ended up with numerous scratches covering my hands I wouldn't change a thing about him, he is just so lovable!


I also managed to visit a new country, Croatia on a sailing holiday (POST HERE).  Which ticks another one off my growing list of 'places I would like to go'.  It's so beautiful, if you are looking to go on a sailing holiday I strongly recommend it!

I have also been able to fit a new job into the year, I now work weekends in a local pharmacy which I am loving (partially due to the fact that I am able to sample the Elizabeth Arden and Rimmel products when it's quiet).

And yes!  The main event ... I finished my GCSEs!
It seemed like a long time coming but indeed, this summer I received my results in a little envelope that allowed me to move to a new school for sixth form!  I have now just finished my very first term at my new school and could not be happier.  This is a really large achievement for me as I find myself very uncomfortable in new situations and making new friends is a very daunting task, but I did it and am looking forward to spending NYE with my new friends!

Overall, I am so pleased with how this year has been and I just hope that next year will be just as good if not better!

Happy New Year!
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!