Saturday 28 December 2013

Maybelline 24hr colour tattoo - permanent taupe review

Yes, I am aware that pretty much every other beauty blogger has written a review of this product at least 4 months ago!  However, I was determined to make sure that I truley love this product before I write a review of it.









I think it's fair to say that I have never been much of an eyeshadow lover which is why it took me so long to buy this one.  But, after hearing blogger after blogger raving on about this one I just had to try it.  I now know what all of the fuss has been about!

The 24hr colour tattoo cream/gel eyeshadows come in a vast range of brilliant colours that are oh-so-pretty, if you haven't already you should really go into boots and swatch all of them!  But as I am fairly new to all of this I thought I would stick to a safe neutral, 'permanent taupe'.  This colour is mostly matte with a virtually undetectable bit of shimmer, this makes it more wearable everyday.  I find that cooler tones suit me more and a grey/brown gives you lots of options of colours to pair it with.

I have been applying the shadow using my finger to sweep the colour across my lid for a very easy day-to-day look then using it as a base for other shadows and blending it out with a brush to create a more flawless finish. Both methods work really well to create an even colour across the lid.  It can also be used with an eyeliner and a smudging brush to create a smokey eye, which I am yet to try.
The shadow itself is very pigmented and the texture makes it extremely easy to apply which is why I fell in love with it.  I am defiantly a sucker for no-fuss makeup!

I really can't get enough of this one.  I am now venturing into the world of eyeshadows and will be sure to keep you updated on my discoveries!  
Next on the wishlist: UD Naked 2 pallet.  Have you tried it? Let me know what you think and any other shadows worth trying.


Em x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!