Saturday 26 April 2014

New Release: Bourjois rouge edition velvet




For me, Spring always comes along with bright colours and pastels.  So it's bye bye to the deep red and berry lips and hello to brighter shades; enter Bourjois rouge edition velvet in Hot Pepper.

These liquid lipsticks have got the whole gloss to matte formula down to a tee.  They apply smoothly with an easy doe foot applicator, are very pigmented and set in a minute to a matte finish that DOES NOT BUDGE!  I wore this for a whole day, through a few meals and by the time I got home it was still noticeably there, inside my lipline and not on my teeth.  Yes, it may have faded a little bit but nicely so, it was still evenly pigmented and just looked a little sheerer.
The texture of this is not what I am used to, it feels almost balmy when applied and then drys so that it feels as if you are wearing nothing at all which I really love.

Hot pepper is a bright orange toned red, a shade I have been wanting for a while now.  But if you don't fancy that there is a more neutral red, a bright pink and a few almost-nude shades which are a bit more 'meh' in my opinion,  I would defiantly opt for the brighter ones.
At £8.99 each they are hardly the most expensive product out there but maybe not best for those on a tight budget.

I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a bright, matte lip that stays all day!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous shade and beautiful tube! Thank you for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's defiantly my favourite out of the collection! x

      Delete

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!