Sunday 24 August 2014

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: ST TROPEZ BRONZING MOUSSE


For years now I have used gradual tanners and recently been getting into wash off tanners and once or twice had the occasional spray tan.  But proper self tan at home?  The idea has always made my knees shake!  The risk of being tangoed seems so much higher but today I thought I would bite the bullet and go for it! Eeek!

Last week I picked up a miniature of the St Tropez Bronzing Mousse 50ml for £10 *insert shocked emoji face* as I wanted to reduce the risk of being tangoed as much as possible and I have heard great things about this line.  I also bought a the cheapest tanning mitt I could find for application.
I watched this video about how to apply the tan, then exfoliated with Rub Rub Rub by Lush and moisturised with the Vaseline Cocoa radiant moisturiser (save £1.51 at Superdrug) concentrating on the dryer areas of skin such as elbows, knees, hands and feet.

As instructed, I started by using 2 pumps per arm, then 4 pumps per leg using the mitt to blend everything in and use any excess on my hands and feet.  I focused the colour on places that my skin would naturally tan, such as the tops of my arms and legs to create a natural looking tan.  I also applied 4 pumps to the rest of my body, although I wouldn't usually do this step, I know that I am going to be in a bikini next week on holiday and therefore want an all-over colour.
The tan didn't feel uncomfortable on my skin whilst I waited for the colour to develop and the 'biscuit' tan smell was almost undetectable! (it actually smells quite nice)

I then waited 4 hours and took a shower.  The result?

I was left with lovely bronzed skin that looked like I had just spent a few days in the sun.  As I am already a little bit tan from that heatwave the other week I just wanted a top up before I go away again but would be intrigued to see how this works on paler skin and leaving it to develop for a bit longer.

Overall, the process of using this was very easy, stink free and it gave a lovely, even colour.  I look forward to using this more and promise to report back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day and I love to hear what you think!
I will always try to reply and I am keen to look at your blogs too, so leave a link!